Monday 27 January 2014

New Year resolutions in review


Well January is almost over and in years gone by it's about this time I have given up on most of my New Year resolutions.  To keep myself motivated I thought I would review my progress from time to time just to check things are on track!  This is how things have been going so far:


  1. Be in the moment.  You know what, this is the resolution I thought I would be TERRIBLE at I double, sometimes triple screen all the time but I have really been putting in the effort to leave my phone or ipad upstairs and focus on the here and now.  In addition I am on day two of the Headspace Take10 programme involving ten minutes of mindfulness meditation a day, so far so good I will let you know how this one pans out!
  2. Take every opportunity to exercise.  Progress is a bit 50/50 on this one.  On the one hand I have taken up netball once a week and there is talk of starting spinning classes as well.  On the other hand I have been driving to work instead of walking because it is so damn rainy!  Progress for sure but a lot of room for improvement as well.
  3. Be organised about lunches.  Again... yes and no.  To be honest MozzyMr is being organised about lunches, cooking up batches of delicious food for us to take to work.  From my point of view I'm being organised in the sense that I am packing my lunch the night before instead of running around frantically gathering bits and bobs in the morning.  Yesterday I cooked up a batch of sweet potato, garlic, ginger and leek soup I can't wait for 12 o'clock!
  4. Reconnect with friends.  This one has been great fun.  We had our lovely friends Ruth, Dan, Laura and Matt around for dinner and drunken catch-ups, I've been to the cinema with my lovely friend Mel, I've reconnected with long time friend Bekah and lovely ex-colleague Sarah at our new found netball practice.  There has been a lot of fun over the best month and more planned so I can't wait!
  5. Allotment time.  Well the weather has royally screwed me over for this resolution.  Every weekend it has rained and rained and rained.  We did manage to snatch an hour or two last weekend and worked on the bed in the polytunnel but apart from that we just have to wait.  Next Saturday is a bonfire day at the allotment.  MoMa and MoPa have given MozzyMr and early birthday present of an incinerator (think metal dustbin with a chimney) which means come rain or shine we will be doing a burn next Saturday!
  6. Seek out culture.  Oh my days the tickets are stacking up!  I have another Drowned Man visit booked it, tickets to see comedian Jon Richardson as well as tickets to the Craig Charles Funk and Soul Show!  This Thursday MozzyMr and I will be see the live streaming of Coriolanus at our local Picture House... all very exciting! 
  7. Be more efficient with chores.  Nah this hasn't really happened at all but then there is still time to improve on this one!

So how have your resolutions been going?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment is free!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...