Saturday 26 March 2011

"Helping"

I am very conscious that we will be dealing with the temperamental British weather for our wedding, ideally we would have loved to have been married in May but alas the registry office was booked, so July it is.  I have everything crossed that the sun will shine and the day will be hot but just in case I have been working on some blankets.....

I went a little bit crazy a couple of years ago and bought so much acrylic wool in every colour imaginable for a project I was working on.  The project only needed a small amount of each colour so I was left with bags of wool, whilst I'm not a huge fan of acrylic wool the positives for this project include if anyone gets chilly they can wrap them around themselves or if they want to sit in one of the surrounding fields and soak up a bit of sun the blankets will be able to withstand the rough and tumble!

As you can see I had a little 'help' from the furry beast-cat that is Ella (also known as Pigga, Catface, Pudding Head, Wiggy, Wiglet, Woo-Cat, Chairman Meow, Beasticle etc).


Another fine example of my little assistant lending a hand:


I couldn't possibly pack away the wedding decorations without my cardboard box inspector checking all was in order to proceed.

Last but not least, my next batch of potential confetti petals, not sure if they'll work but I'm enjoying the beautiful blooms whilst they last. 




2 comments:

  1. Love the blanket - and your helper too. I do hope the box came up to her high standards.

    p.s. tulip petals are 'drying' on the radiator for you. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay thanks Colette! I've started working on blanket number two, my fingers are seizing up! I'm getting crochet claw :)

    ReplyDelete

Comment is free!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...