Wednesday 13 April 2011

Oh My Days!

Oh my days!  Or to over punctuate: Oh.  My.  Days!  Sunday was the glory day of car boot sales, I am seriously considering buying an old lady style shopper on wheels, but to go jazzy and modern, or old skool and green tartan?  Either way it needs to happen, I had to make two trips back to the car to offload the good stuff.  Below is a photographic gallery of said 'good stuff':

A vintage Ritz tin to keep with the old lady theme I seem to be heading for.


Old lady buttons in old lady jars, next to an old lady glass jug on an old lady blanket I'm working on, well if you're going to have a theme you might as well do it properly.


Old lady.  No, no these are just beautiful, perhaps a touch old lady-ish but all good, and building on last week's theme of bird related glassware.



Perhaps my best find of the week:



The photograph doesn't do it justice, it was one of my first finds (of the second car boot sale of the day) so I had to sling it under my arm whilst browsing, it drew a lot of comments.  I have to say by the time the tenth person had asked me if I would sell them an ice cream my smile became a little more fixed.  Ha ha ha. No.


Re-used, re-cycled, re-markably ace (sorry, bad pun).



Sam re-potting sunflower seeds, we have quite a flower factory going on at the moment, everything is crossed we can keep them alive long enough to use them on the day!

I will be making activity bags for the children coming to the wedding, with colouring in bits, sweets and now barnyard animals!!


Oh.  My.  Days!  It's Ruth-a-tron who makes me smile when the wedding stuff gets a bit too much.





3 comments:

  1. What lovely goodies you have! I must go to the boot sale with you. Nothing wrong with an old lady trolley! I say go tartan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Working 'old lady chic' like a pro! LOVE the ice-cream planter thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the ice-cram thing, I'm a little green with envy.
    And now you have an old lady trolly we need to see it!

    ReplyDelete

Comment is free!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...